View Single Post
Old 11.06.2017, 17:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 254 Times in 152 Posts
Thanked 5,526 Times in 2,519 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long for a professional accident? (give your opinion)

Quote:
View Post
Because the doc gave me just 6 days. Tomorrow I should be able to work according to the doc, but I still feel a lot of pain, the finger is still swollen and I still can't use my hand.
Having never had a similar injury in my life, I did not know the necessary time to heal and I initially believed the doc. So instead of going to another doc, I told my employer that the leave would be just 6 days.
The employer expects me to be on the job tomorrow, but if I break the promise I believe that I will be terminated..
I understand - had at least one similar situation, especially when I had a complex bone break. Doropfiz is right - don't be afraid to get it assessed again by your doctor.

I also know the kind of stress and expectations that we are all under at work (as an employee), and it can be really difficult to understand why an immediate line-manager can be intolerant to sick-leave.

Fingers crossed (sorry, not appropriate in this case). But talk to both your boss & your doctor openly, and things have a high-chance of working-out.
The following 2 users would like to thank ZuriRollt for this useful post: