View Single Post
Old 12.06.2017, 17:20
IamMG IamMG is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Bern
Posts: 69
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
IamMG has made some interesting contributions
Re: Change employer holding a non-EU B permit

Check your credit card sized residence permit for your permit type. Back side of card, you can see if your permit is tied to your current employer or if its open.

If open, you can change the employer and you just have to share your new work contract with your commune or cantonal office. You can continue to live in Basel and work in Zurich. Please note, you will pay your taxes as per rates at Basel.

If closed, your new employer has to apply for a permit for you and they will have to prove why you and not someone from CH or EU territory? People say getting permit for non-eu now a days has become tough.

In any case, do not resign from your current job till you have clear picture of your permit and double check with Basel and Zurich cantonal office what is your situation and the process.
Reply With Quote