View Single Post
Old 12.06.2017, 20:51
Ch108 Ch108 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 81
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
Ch108 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Change employer holding a non-EU B permit

Just sharing my case when I switched job successfully with a non EU B - hope this helps

Profile : Indian
Duration of stay in CH during job switch : 2 years L permit + 5.5 years B permit

What I did
a) Asked the new employer to apply ask for permission for work permit transfer (Bewilligung fur Stellenwechsel or something like that)
b) Told the new employer that unless they get a written permission from the immigration, I am not going to resign from my current job

What immigration did
- Asked for "detail justification" from new employer in 2 iterations

Duration of the process
- 8 weeks

Difference between your case and mine - Mine did not involve canton change. This may be relevant as permits are issued based on canton "quotas". So, your new employer may also need to do an application for canton change. But you don't need to do anything - HR needs to figure out all these with the immigration at bern.

p.s. I have doubt if ZEMIS has anything to do in this regard. I have a C permit now and my permit still carries ZEMIS. Again - just my opinion.

for questions, shoot.

Reply With Quote