View Single Post
Old 19.06.2017, 20:09

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
dasdasdas has no particular reputation at present
Re: Info for nurses looking to work in switzerland.

Quote:
View Post
Since this is the longest thread on nursing, I would like to share my experience thus far.

I am a Registered Nurse (Bachelor's of Science in Nursing) from NY.

I have already been through the most of the recognition process 1,130chf with the Swiss Red Cross (German speaking part).

After reviewing my documents, the SRC told me that in order for me to receive my Swiss nursing license I must fulfill the following:

1) B2 German Language Certificate: 275chf (already completed)
2) 6 Month "Anpassungslehrgang" (adaptation period) at a qualified healthcare center. (Hospital, Spitex)
3) Continuing education course "Pflegen in der Schweiz": 5,000+chf
(*in German speaking part this is only offered TWICE per year. August in Bern and January in Zurich. In French part only once a year.)
- In order to even attend the class you must have a position in healthcare, ideally the adaptation period, so you can do both simultaneously.

Currently my biggest challenge is finding a hospital willing to accept me and offer me this "Anpassungslehrgang". So far many of them are telling me that they do not offer such a Praktikum.

Does anyone have any tips? I really can't wait to finally get back to being a nurse.

Thanks everyone!
I remember talking to you last year and you hadn't submitted yet - cool you did it! I am submitting everything now and have a feeling the answer will be the same. Not sure I can justify spending as much money on an adaptation course as I did for half of my nursing degree back home