View Single Post
Old 29.06.2017, 10:26

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
An Expat Wife has no particular reputation at present
looking for Gastroenterologist / IBS / FODMAP doctor recommendations in Zurich area

I have had a couple of diverticulitis attacks over the last 3 years and and my hausartz sent me to a gastroenterologist that they always recommend.
He was evil.
He did a colonoscopy which left me traumatised... he said I had a completely 'spastic colon' hence the pain/discomfort (and a whole lot more that I won't write about for fear of putting someone off the procedure)

He has done a few tests lactose, gluten and lactose but then dismissed me and said I should stop eating fresh fruit and veg as I can't digest fibre and that I have IBS and thats just the end of it... come back for another colonoscopy in 5 years.
I have been speaking to a homeopath whilst on holiday in Aus who said I should get a second opinion and try a FODMAP diet.... and I'm inclined to agree with her. I have terrible symptoms and would love to find someone who helps me find a solution.
I live in fear of a third diverticulitis attack as then my doctor said they would definitely do a colon re-section.... so anything I can do to avoid this would be well worth the effort.
I live near Baden so Zurich would be ideal, to to be honest I would travel pretty much anywhere. I have pretty good insurance so that is not an issue at all.

Any advice and recommendations gratefully appreciated.