View Single Post
Old 03.07.2017, 15:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 301 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 22,434 Times in 8,142 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Translation of house purchase contract at Notary Question

Quote:
View Post
Option 3: find a notary who speaks English and will go through the contract with both seller and buyer making sure both parties understand what they're signing. Our notary did this for us and it didn't cost extra. Went through paragraph by paragraph making sure we both understood our obligations. We even negotiated a couple of changes to the contract with the seller and the notary had his staff change the contract there and then. When we were happy both parties signed. We didn't have a reservation contract though as we signed then got the keys a couple of weeks later.
That's one helpful notary you got there. I went through the same process in Germany and while I am a native speaker did I have to hire a certified translator for the session to translate for my wife... in order to make sure she is not signing something she does not understand. Not sure what the legal requirements are in CH, but I'd bet it differs from Canton to Canton if not one Gemeinde to another...