View Single Post
Old 02.08.2017, 15:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 422 Times in 314 Posts
Thanked 19,903 Times in 10,649 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
It's getting like the flagellants scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Brexit voters: Most say economic damage is a price worth paying

Majority of older Leave voters say significant economic damage is 'price worth paying', finds YouGov

Or perhaps with those voters who are comfortably off it's less about self-flagellation than being happy to watch others be whipped.

Do they really believe this or is it a case of "we are right about Brexit and nothing you say will make us change our minds, as that would mean admitting we were wrong, so we will support it come what may, even if it means bad things for (preferably) other people"?
I'm 55 and the generation older than me screwed me by voting for things that were best for them as did the generation before them. No thought whatsoever for the future.
People always vote for self interest only, Look at the vote for JC, promise to write off debts and everyone thinks he's wonderful. Even though it will mean more debt for future generations.
The more things change the more they stay the same.
The following 2 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: