View Single Post
Old 03.08.2017, 12:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 399 Times in 307 Posts
Thanked 16,864 Times in 9,511 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU, want to be a dentist in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

Do we have someone who has got the requirements clear from Fribourg? I want to know few details for my wife who has recently completed her Masters from India
As said above she'd need to completely redo her Masters in an EU country since she can't do it here as medicine is a restricted subject open only to a few. Plus she needs to speak a Swiss language to a high level.

I think Trotzig's comment may be misleading. I checked a few of the professions in his link and most say the applicant needs to provide a certificate from either the Swiss Red Cross or the relevant authority. This for the dental hygenist.

"Ordinary procedure

In order to be able to issue you a practice authorization, we need a file containing the following documents:
> Completed application form
> Curriculum vitae updated in French or German
> Original or certified copy of your diploma recognized by the Red Cross; Respectively: original or certified copy of the certificate of equivalence of your foreign training certificate issued by the competent Swiss authority
> Recent extract (3 months at most) of the Swiss criminal record; If you have not yet been in Switzerland for less than 5 years: recent extracts issued in one of the three national languages ​​or in English by the authorities of the countries where you have stayed during the last 5 years
> Original medical certificate (max. 3 months) attesting the fitness to practice
> Certificate3 of professional liability insurance coverage or declaration of the establishment in which you work attesting that you are covered by your professional civil liability insurance
> Copy of photo ID
> Where applicable: Copy of residence permit"

As far as I know there's no exam required, just that any relevant degrees must be recognised by the Swiss Red Cross or whatever the relevant authority is. So there may well be Syrian, Turkish, African, Romanian and other foreign dentists working here, but they've provided the relevant paperwork and been approved.