View Single Post
Old 06.08.2017, 12:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 71 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 3,603 Times in 1,701 Posts
The_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: car hire insurance Updated

Quote:
View Post
I quickly took out a policy with Questor Insurance Services Ltd, at Rainham, Kent, UK.
+1 for Quester. I've been using them for years. I usually have annual world wide cover.

So far no accidents but they were very responsive when I once had a puncture. Luckily the rental company never billed me for that so there was nothing to claim from them.

I rented in Italy before as well (in Sicily) and the sales people there were very pushy with their aggressive sales tactics where they try and scare you into getting cover with them. You need to be prepared and refuse it even when they tell you that they will take the maximum excess amount (around €1000.-) from you and then you have to claim back from your insurance.

At the time they also tried to sell road side assistance cover which I was surprised they didn't have, they also tried to scare me into it by saying that if you have a problem there is a €200.- call out fee or something. I just refused it on principle! I also have intertours road assisstance cover which I am not sure covers me in hire cars but they do come out if I am driver or a passenger of other cars. So I would at least have tried that first.
This user would like to thank The_Love_Doctor for this useful post: