View Single Post
Old 06.08.2017, 21:39

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Emmylin has no particular reputation at present
Re: Cycling in Rolle, Gland, Nyon and surroundings

Quote:
View Post
I'd say that after an hour of decent effort you have probably used up your on-board fuel so need to take on some more.. But by the time the legs have died it's a bit late .. So best fuel up a little before it happens, like a gel every 30-40 mins after the first hour.

In my humble opinion you have trained quite aggressively without much recovery hence running out of fuel sooner, you probably have less fuel to start with on the rides.

But I'm no expert I just did similar to you, i trained quite hard, built to a decent level, achieved what I wanted - to be able to cycle up and over the Jura and to complete the 187km tour de lac in a decent time.. Now I've moved on to crossfit

The GCN videos are really informative, short and to the point and usually quite fun, made by actual cyclists .. definitely look them up.
Haha crossfit seems to have taken the world by storm. I have no reference for what is aggressive training in cycling (was a runner beforehand) but I think you are right - i will try those gel things and actually educate myself a bit on how to manage performance. I am just totally in love with cycling. Always been into sport but had a serious accident 2 years ago which meant no real sport until 6 months ago and then slow stuff like walking, then pedaling an indoor cycling bike, then weights etc. But never running again. So when I got the go ahead to cycle, I was so excited to just... feel like I was using my body a bit haha.

Anyway, thank you again for your help!!! Really appreciate it let me know if you ever up for an early morning geneva-lausanne cycle.

Em