View Single Post
Old 11.08.2017, 18:13

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yaswanth has no particular reputation at present
Quote:
View Post
Your answers are already in this thread which you posted in.

https://www.englishforum.ch/employme...itzerland.html

She cannot study dentistry here, it's a subject that's restricted to long term Swiss residents only. She may be able to find an internship if she doesn't need to have her qualifications recognised to work in the dental industry. But beware any that are unpaid, since it's illegal not to be paid for internships in Switzerland unless they're with an NGO.
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any information regarding the requirements for dental industry? I hope there is no necessity for a local degree and any necessity for German language

Quote:
View Post
From the post, I understood the person in question has already completed dental school and has obtained a graduate degree in endodontics. Since she is not a a EU citizen, she'll need to obtain recognition of her diploma. This might include retaking some courses or examinations.

I had a good friend who was a qualified periodontist from Brasil. She married an American and moved to New York, where she had to re-train and re-test. Then, he got a job in Switzerland. In Kanton Zurich, she was not allowed to work, though she did volunteer at the Uni. As you can imagine, she was quite frustrated.

She is now back in New York and has a thriving business.

Best to check with the Red Cross.
That sounds great. So he did a voluntary in university. Do you know any other details on the procedure he approached and all?

Last edited by 3Wishes; 11.08.2017 at 18:22. Reason: merging consecutive replies