View Single Post
Old 14.08.2017, 14:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 25,302 Times in 7,890 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for English speaking Obstetrician / Gynaecologist in Zurich area

Quote:
View Post
I am allowed to see a gyno in another canton?
What type of insurance do you have, a traditional model, Hausarzt model, teamed, etc?

Very broadly speaking, for non-hospital treatment, yes you can see a doctor in another canton. If you have a traditional model you can generally see any doctor willing to see you, your choice, canton does not matter.

If you have a Hausarzt model, you go through your GP first, although I believe that you are still free to choose your gynecologist even with this model. I don't have this model, so could someone who does please confirm?

Telemed is similar, but rather than go through your GP you call how if seeing a gynecologist is handled.

Nowadays you may also be treated at a hospital outside of your canton, however there might be a limit to coverage, if you are at an out of canton hospital that charges more than the cantonal rates you might have to pay the difference.

---

I have been very happy with Dr Hung and certainly recommend her.

But if you are pregnant or expecting to become pregnant soon, perhaps finding someone closer, or someone affiliated with the hospital where you would give birth, might be something to consider.

(For Ausserschwyzers the hospitals would be Lachen or Einsiedeln, both ca 35 minutes from Wädenswil.)

No personal experience, but a colleague had a good experience giving birth at the Frauenklinik at the Paraclesus Spital in Richterswil:

https://paracelsus-spital.com/medizi.../frauenklinik/

Note: Paraclesus provides 'integrative' medicine, combining 'School medicine' and complimentary; the specifics of this approach would be something to look into before deciding.

I really do not know much about this hospital or what it offers, other than my colleague now has a healthy baby, and it's close to Wädenswil. I believe that gynecology services are offered on an outpatient basis as well.

But hopefully posters in Wädi will be along soon with additional recommendations.