View Single Post
Old 15.08.2017, 15:59

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
jamirah has no particular reputation at present
Re: Health insurance for part-time residents

You're making the unfounded assumption that the person concerned is not a swiss citizen: 700 000 swiss citizens live abroad - some permanently and some of them don't even speak any of the national languages- - that's 10 percent of the entire swiss population.

I was inquiring for a swiss citizen who would like to spend some time here for family reasons, without declaring primary residency as a change of residency would effectively strip her of the right of abode (including her employment, child's school, the right to have a mortgage etc.) in her home country, where she is an immigrant, not a national.

Since Swiss insurances only offer coverage to people who have primary residence in Switzerland, I was inquiring about an expat insurance that will offer cover while in Switzerland for a period of 6 months to a year. Hence the exchange student example as that's typically the amount of time a student might stay here. I have trouble believing all of those expat kids in swiss boarding schools for short periods of time have exclusively swiss national insurances rather than expat insurances.