View Single Post
Old 28.08.2017, 13:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 240 Times in 203 Posts
Thanked 23,371 Times in 9,939 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Wrong. You are quoting Koran out of context and without understanding it.
It needs more than that to be considered as Muslim. Plus "Allah is great" means "God is great". I know many christians and jews who say "God is great". Does it make them muslims? You are using the word Allah as a symbol for Islam in the West here and not the true meaning which is God.
This is typical misreading and misusage to support wrong point of view without validation and verification.

I heard many tele-evangelists shouting "God is great"...are they muslims?
It depends on what your definition of God is. I think that when Muslims speak of Allah, they speak of the God of the Koran. Of course the word can also be understood to mean any god, and you can open a discussion on whether that is the same god or a different one. But when a Muslim says, God is great, it rather tenuous to argue that maybe he is referring to Jupiter or Belenos or to The Manitu. I think you can rule that out from the context and situation in which the person is speaking.

An evangelical preacher saying God is Great is clearly referring to the Biblical God of Christianity, not to the Allah of the Koran. Even if in some smartarse philosophical way they may or may not be identical.
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post: