View Single Post
Old 28.08.2017, 21:03

Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts
Hoppy has a reputation beyond reputeHoppy has a reputation beyond reputeHoppy has a reputation beyond reputeHoppy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rental agreement ending Monday July 31?

Quote:
LOL, you almost seem happy that you cannot get the house for the next 7 months.
I will just be happy to stop renting. I would never advise anyone to rent long distance, in a communication language that they are rusty on, unless they pay an agency or have someone they can trust who is prepared to keep a close eye on it.

What was funny to me, I mean I actually laughed with astonishment, was when I asked the tenant to please give us the name of the builder or workman who did the addition to the roof of the patio, so that I can check credentials/ building permits, he answered, " I built it myself, I had someone form the building department come round and check it, they said that a building permit was not necessary". When I asked for the name of the official he said that he had forgotten it. I asked don't you think you should have asked us for permission first for all the alterations or at least let us know, he shrugged!

Maybe I am wrong, maybe in Switzerland a renter can build additions or make alterations on a property without the owners permission, but I pay the insurance not him. He must have climbed onto the roof to do some of the work. I thought he was certified handicapped!

Anyway, hopefully I can meet up with some of you for a drink in March, I'm looking forward to that!
This user would like to thank Hoppy for this useful post: