View Single Post
Old 28.08.2017, 21:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 444 Times in 382 Posts
Thanked 18,478 Times in 9,794 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Sure, I've come across this argument before.

But I'm not really sure what it means.

I have never come across any logical test in the theology of any religion that provides a criterium for two gods being identical.

On the contrary, montheistic religions say that there is only one god and no other. Claiming two gods are identical is thus a logical non-starter.

So in fact saying our god is the same as yours is a demeaning thing to say, as that only works if it is meant to imply,

1) there is only one god
2) your god says some things that are different or contradictory to what ours says
3) so either your god does not exist, or he is actually our god but you've misunderstood him.
It is not an argument, it is a statement of fact.
If you do not understand that simple statement that says more about you than it says about the statement.

To try to make it simple for you look at this way, all three religions are Abrahamic religions.
This means each religion was started by Abraham.
Abraham had one God.
The one God of each religion is the same one God of Abraham.
You are free to read the holy book of each religion to confirm each religion was started by Abraham.