View Single Post
Old 29.08.2017, 01:45

Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts
Hoppy has a reputation beyond reputeHoppy has a reputation beyond reputeHoppy has a reputation beyond reputeHoppy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rental agreement ending Monday July 31?

Quote:
A question from my side i got curious about.

I get the part where a home has to be handed over in original condition while the to be expected "damage" of normal use is to be accepted up to a certain level, this rule is the same in many countries. And a renter can be forced to undo changes.

However the Netherlands also have a law which states that if the change is a clear improvement the landlord has to accept it. (Think of windows in the roof which raise value and pleasure) All of this of course only when done properly and according to all needed permits and rulings. Is there such law in this country?

If not, OP can always use it in negotiations for if she would like the house earlier. (tho beware of what you say and write and document everything.)
Apologies I neglected to say that we put the Velux windows in, he screwed blinds into the frames, it doesn't look good, we will probably buy new windows.