View Single Post
Old 02.09.2017, 19:55
Forum Legend

Groaned at 175 Times in 146 Posts
Thanked 12,295 Times in 6,451 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
This is why I wrote "modern reactors" which have passive cooling systems (no pumping needed), the Fukushima reactors were a 1960s design which required cooling water to be pumped around after shut down.

The Fukushima two nuclear power station which was about 11 Km away shut down automatically and correctly.

At Fukushima One; 3 of the 11 reactors had problems.

After shut down you have to pump water through the reactors for up to four days while they cool down otherwise you run into problems.

For reactors 1 - 3 the emergency power (batteries and diesel generators) was located in a basement which naturally filled up with sea water and killed the emergency power. Why they were in a basement when the risk was a tsunami is a good question.
If you're talking molten salt reactors (Flüssigsalzreaktor) tell me who built one and where??!
Or tell me who seriously at least has one planned and where?
(Preferably within our life-time).