View Single Post
Old 03.09.2017, 23:21

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
neddie is considered knowledgeableneddie is considered knowledgeableneddie is considered knowledgeable
Re: Moving to St. Gallen

Quote:
View Post
I'm not sure there's many expats in St Gallen, at least I haven't been able to find any.
There are plenty of non-Swiss here, but we keep camouflaged among the locals

Actually that's only half-joking, I get the impression (it might be just my imagination) that there isn't so much of an enclosed and separate "expat community" here, but more like multiple mixed groups of all sorts of nationalities, including Swiss and non-Swiss.

@Moutaingirl, if you have moved to St Gallen already then I'm sure you've found your way around by now - and having kids of those ages makes it much easier to meet people and get involved in the various groups.

Of course St Gallen is not going to be the ideal city for everyone but I really like its size (not so small that there's nothing going on, not so big you can't walk across it), the city centre is beautiful and the area around the city is great for exploring. But you're completely right, the restaurants can be quiet in the evening and on Sunday the whole city is bizarrely empty.