View Single Post
Old 10.09.2017, 08:48
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 1,341 Times in 499 Posts
arrow has a reputation beyond reputearrow has a reputation beyond reputearrow has a reputation beyond reputearrow has a reputation beyond reputearrow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy Verkehrsweiss RAL 9016 Weiss paint for walls

Quote:
View Post
You pay much more for a mix that still might not work -I agree with slammer, the age of the old paint will have affected its appearance. Our walls look just as good retouched with a standard white than as with the original You can try it and see, also, Coop used to sell tubes of colour concentrate which can be used to change the tinge of emulsions and are great for experimenting.

I agree, that older walls may have changed, making it impossible to match. Did the OP say her walls are older?

HOWEVER, in my experience of renovating three houses in Switzerland, the products from COOP, Migros and Hornbach are not the same quality, do not provide accurate colors, do not provide the same coverage and will cause a lot more problems, in the end. My previous house had a bomb shelter filled with partially used pots of paint, from them. Then, I discovered the places where painters bought their paint. It's not the same system, like in USA. ( i.e. Sherwin Williams)

If the OPs walls are relatively new, and the owner has specifically indicated RAL 9016, the easiest way is to purchase the same product ( brand) and color, and try the touch up. Even if she needs to pain the entire wall, it will most likely match the other walls.

My opinion, of course.