View Single Post
Old 10.09.2017, 20:16

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
LAtoHorgen has no particular reputation at present
Re: Health insurance if you live in 3 different countries during the year?

Quote:
View Post
Apologies if this has been discussed before. I have searched the forum and found some threads discussing Cigna insurance and the likes, but couldn't find what I am looking for. Could you please help me out?

I am trying to help a friend, so here is the situation:

- Mother with non-EU citizenship.
- Daughter (with EU citizenship) is under a C-permit and would like to bring her mother to Switzerland.
- The mother in question would split her residency time among three countries: Switzerland, USA, and Argentina.

Questions:

1) If the mother in question lives, for example, 4 months in Switzerland, 4 months in the USA, 4 months in Argentina, and assuming she got a residency permit in CH, would a Swiss health care plan cover her in the other two countries?

2) If instead she chooses not to take residency permit in CH and instead stay here as a tourist, thus limiting her stay to 90 days per year, which American health insurance company would cover her during her time in Switzerland?

3) Anyone has ever gone through a smiliar situation?

Thanks for your patience!
I don't know if this is helpful, but our family moved from the US to CH for a two year stint and my husband's company purchased US healthcare that covers us in any country. Its United Global Healthcare. I don't know how expensive it is, but it may be worth looking into - then she would have the flexibility of being in any country for any amount of time. : )
The following 3 users would like to thank LAtoHorgen for this useful post: