View Single Post
Old 12.09.2017, 09:26
Forum Legend

Groaned at 85 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 5,706 Times in 2,195 Posts
Samaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Assisted suicide article

I second Odile's comment. I am glad that we have this option in Switzerland. I find it surprisingly progressive and yes, humane. I do not understand why assisted suicide is so stigmatized elsewhere. It's not like everyone can just walk in and say, oh btw, I've spontaneously decided to end my life - there are very strict rules to follow. I would absolutely make use of it under certain circumstances. The prospect of only just barely vegetating, waiting for death or, worse yet, having to travel somewhere to die with some dignity, yeah, that cannot possibly be the better option.

This reminds me of that horrible story where this one guy, in his 80s and iirc plagued with severe depression chose to end his life with Exit which agreed to help him after assessing what needed to be assessed. His two brothers refused to accept it and sued Exit. Well, end of the story was that the guy committed suicide anyway, without Exit, and obviously while completely alone. Horrible.
The following 9 users would like to thank Samaire13 for this useful post: