View Single Post
Old 22.04.2006, 17:59
Gav's Avatar
Gav Gav is offline
Forum Veteran
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ireland
Posts: 966
Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 468 Times in 187 Posts
Gav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Permits and leaving CH (but maybe coming back)

Hi there! YOu can actually do that. First you will need to declare that you will leave from the country and you do not want to be registered anylonger. You should not say though that you will go travelling but rather that you are going abroad looking for a job. You will need to state the time for which you intend to stay abroad (up to 2 yrs in order not to loose your C permit). The money of pensionkasse will go to an account which you will not be able to access I think until you return and move them to a new kasse when you get a new job, or take them in case you get a job abroad. When and if you come back you can go at day 1 already inRAV(unemployment office) and subscribe yourself as unemployed and as looking for a job. They will guide you through the necessary actions to be made for the unemployment insurance from where you will be paid. You will have to show in this first appointment that you have been looking for a job since the time you had left your last job. So it would be good if you had made a few applications , either in CH or abroad.

Hope this is more clear:-)Good luck!
Cheers for that info. It's pretty interesting and something I might well be tempted to do. I might as well get something for my AHV payments. Although, Swiss _really_ hate to claim.

I was speaking to a new workmate the other day who'd been out of work for six months between jobs after quitting his old one and he didn't 'sign on'. I asked him why not and he just said that he didn't want to do it..... I'll bet there's a disproportionate amount of foreigners claiming dole here.

Reply With Quote