View Single Post
Old 13.09.2017, 17:56

Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
BlueberryBen has annoyed a few people around hereBlueberryBen has annoyed a few people around hereBlueberryBen has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Work Visa Processing Time (work permit pre-approved)

Ah, the waiting is really difficult especially i have booked flights to Switzerland -- sorry same boat here.
The Consulate said they will forward my request (for type D visa) to SPOP. Once SPOP gives authorization, I would get my stamp on passport -- I may have to do face-to-face to save time. But it has been two weeks, the Consulate still has not forwarded the request to SPOP. So frustrating!!!

Quote:
View Post
Can be anything from a few hours to two weeks. Depends on the consulate. In most European countries and North America, it usually takes one day, i.e. you leave the passport and pick it up again the following day. But I've seen others in e.g. Middle East and Asia wait for 2 weeks. If the consulate is unwilling to answer, I don't think anyone else here can give you a fully reliable answer either. Don't rely on the "one day only" rule, and keep your travel plans as flexible/open as possible.