View Single Post
Old 14.09.2017, 08:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work Visa Processing Time (work permit pre-approved)

Quote:
View Post
I hope your ticket's refundable, because it's really not wise to book flights until you're sure the permit has been approved. Only when you know for sure that it is should you make any definite plans.
He can always ask to pick up the visa in another country in Europe. So, no need for refundable tickets. If it gets rejected at least s/he will have had a Swiss holiday.

Quote:
good idea. but it is always nerve-racking that i have a start date at the university to consider as well. Today the Swiss Consulate wrote back and said that they forwarded the request to Lausanne on Aug 29! now fingers crossed that people in Lausanne could speed up. so that i can get the authorization. then i will mail the passport to NYC right away...
Your employer should understand that the time frame for granting visas is out of your control. Will it really make a big difference if you start a bit later?