View Single Post
Old 18.09.2017, 20:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 471 Times in 387 Posts
Thanked 18,670 Times in 9,447 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is the Mohrenkopf a racist piece of candy?

Quote:
View Post
Recently I had this discussion again, with my close friend and her husband. On both occasions, I was basically told with alot of tact that I was being over sensitive. That children, dont think so far ahead, and definately do not associate the name Mohenkopf with anything negative. I ended both discussions with the fact that a long as they have never been discriminated on the colour of their skin, that is really not their place to determine how over sensitive I am. Which left a sense of uneasiness.

I do think its a racist name, especially one which children are exposed to. That is also up there with the kindergarten game' Whose afraid of the black man?' What I cant understand is, why are so many people hanging on to something so outdated and irrelevant? I cant imagine that Mohrenköpfe is part of the Swiss culture.

Naturally, a very large percentage of Swiss find nothing wrong with the name, and will always call the candy Mohrenkopf. A survey was taken by 20min, in which 10 000 people where asked if they thought the name was rascist, and only 2 percent said yes. ( i was one of the 2% )

What do you think?
Obviously what anyone else thinks won't influence how you feel. I personally think it's innocent.
As a side note - I never ate any and I live here for quite some time.. lol Need to see what is this all about. Or is that chocolate coated thing with tons of sugar and a white filling?
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: