View Single Post
Old 19.09.2017, 16:03
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 274 Posts
Thanked 23,086 Times in 8,355 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is the Mohrenkopf a racist piece of candy?

Quote:
View Post
Who exactly expects you to say sorry? And if a bad thing has happened in history, why not acknowledge it?

Why Germany has to apologise all the time and it is considered normal, but not anyone else who did similar things.
What he is saying is pretty simple: We all learned about the African slave trade to the US in school. And we all come from a lot of different countries, but it seems to have been in the curriculum everywhere.

The Arab slave trade I mentioned in a previous post? I coincidentally read about it in a Nat Geo. Never heard of the pirates catching several million Europeans and selling them on under Ottoman rule. Heck, there even was a war involving most European nations and even the USA against them... I cannot recall ever hearing of that in school.

So I must say that acknowledging is important, but it seems to be reserved for colonial crimes...
This user would like to thank Treverus for this useful post: