View Single Post
Old 26.09.2017, 14:58
rivkeh rivkeh is offline
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rivkeh has no particular reputation at present
Taxes: Student living in Geneva working as External collaborator for Italian uni


I am a Canadian student and am doing occasional work for an Italian university while I am registered as a student in Switzerland. I will only be paid a one-time deposit of ~5,000 EUR for the work that I have done, but as I am a fiscal resident I want to ensure that I understand how to properly pay taxes on this amount.

For other jobs I have been taxed "a la source", but as I will not be paid by a Swiss company I am not sure how to proceed. I have spent a long time looking at the cantons website trying to find information but have been unsuccesful, so if anyone has any hints it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote