View Single Post
Old 28.09.2017, 12:41
adwaitmd adwaitmd is offline
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
adwaitmd has no particular reputation at present
Traveling to work for 12 months on B permit


I am PhD Student at University of Neuchatel and I have B work permit issued by the Canton of Neuchtael.

As part of my PhD research, I will be going to Africa for 12 months for fieldwork and data collection. However, my B permit will expire before I come back. What should I do in this case? Do I need to put my permit on Hold as I will be out of Switzerland for 12 months? Do I need re-entry visa for coming back in? Also, as I am going for 12 months I do not want to keep my apartment.

My PhD/ work contract will be valid for 6 months after the expiry date of my B permit. I would really appreciate any help with this. Thanks.
Reply With Quote