View Single Post
Old 15.10.2017, 10:46
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
duckduck has no particular reputation at present
Re: where to shop electronic pressure cooker in Lausanne area_

Hi there,

I just did a quick google search, and you can find one from galaxus.ch and it costs about CHF120. Here is another link that costs CHF70-100 depending on the capacity. They are both online links so they should deliver CH-wide.

https://www.nettoshop.ch/en/Small-ho...iABEgIFTfD_BwE

If you are into convenient cooking, i.e. you want to leave the cooker going when you are at work or heading about, a slow-cooker also works? I use a 'slow-cooker' that is specially designed for Chinese soups, that can make broths to chillis to curries. It is unique as it has four hole in its clay pot that allows steam to escape, and although it cooks much faster than a slow-cooker, it has a low heat function that allows the dish to simmer. It is available in Lian Hwa in any of their Zurich outlets.

I guess the best part about these kinds of cooking is their convenience, and also how tender and disintegrated the meat and vegetables becomes. I find it especially convenient when I have to play taxi for the kids, and still have dinner all set up and ready even though I got in the door at the exact same second as they did :-)

A girlfriend did leave the pressure cooker unattended while she went to work, and it exploded. I am sure there was human error there, but just to say, in case you have pets at home, to check for security functions before purchase. In case there is a compromise there to factor-in pricing.

Hope this helps :-)
This user would like to thank duckduck for this useful post: