View Single Post
Old 17.10.2017, 00:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 354 Times in 305 Posts
Thanked 14,002 Times in 7,704 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I don't it is heard to imagine, then again earlier in the year we hat the issue with the immigration figures, so perhaps there is some kind of general flaw - people not being as rigorous as they should be, weak collection or analysis methods etc... questions definitely need to be asked, it certainly is not the time to start discovering your planning tools are no up to it.
One time I was the business planning manager for a largish UK company where I needed to use UK Govt. statistics. I discovered some of them were plain wrong and eventually met up with a senior Civil Servant who told me they could not change the numbers because it would cause a loss of confidence in the figures

For my online shop I have to use a "payment gateway" to handle credit card payments.
The lowest cost providers are US companies who all handle their European business via UK based companies; I wonder if this can continue after Brexit as they need various permissions and/or licences to offer their services in EU countries.