View Single Post
Old 17.10.2017, 11:25
Forum Legend

Groaned at 215 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 20,900 Times in 8,906 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post

Sometimes the right thing to do has nothing to do with balance sheets. The American revolutionaries were taking quite a risk turning their backs on the British Empire, but they did it because it was the right thing to do.

I feel the same about the United Kingdom leaving the EU. I understand that many people disagree with me, but I couldn't - in good conscience - vote in favour of something I believe to be wrong.

What motivated other people is their business. Maybe some people were swayed by a slogan on a bus. There's one born every minute. But in the end, we got the result which I believe to be the right one.
If people shouldn't be swayed by slogans on buses, then maybe it's time to ban advertising on buses.

The following 2 users would like to thank amogles for this useful post: