View Single Post
Old 19.10.2017, 19:02
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 118 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 2,140 Times in 942 Posts
nigelr has a reputation beyond reputenigelr has a reputation beyond reputenigelr has a reputation beyond reputenigelr has a reputation beyond reputenigelr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss credit cards - air miles, reward points?

Quote:
View Post
Not to steal the thread from the OP, but this is an issue that I'll be wrestling with when I move to Switzerland. I'm a huge miles and points guy in the US. Probably have 15 different credit cards, but use 2 of them mostly.

But, from what I have read the idea of miles and points, don't really translate to switzerland. They don't have a Chase Saphire Reserve, or a Citi Prestige style card.

You could continue to use your US (or whatever country you may be from originally) based cards, as long as they don't have foreign exchange fees, and most reward earning cards don't. The issue will be paying the bill. pay from US accounts or transfer cash back to pay them, which has it's own costs, which coupon negate any rewards...
Just a question, please don't get annoyed, but why the hell would any normal person need 15 credit cards?
The following 2 users would like to thank nigelr for this useful post: