View Single Post
Old 22.10.2017, 13:09
Forum Legend

Groaned at 60 Times in 43 Posts
Thanked 6,581 Times in 2,479 Posts
Sky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Incident during our absence

Jacek, I don't fully agree with you.
Your boy needs you desperately.
1) He could still get arrested for what happened was illegal
2) I hope he's Swiss because having a record with the police for that kind of destructive behaviour could comprise the renewal of his residency permit if he's a foreigner
3) A youngester on drugs has far more urgent issues to deal with, such as surviving and staying alive.
From my maternal point of view, the young man needs immediate attention. He needs to be kept very close to his parents, monitored carefully, put in a drug rehabilitation program, sent to a psychiatrist.
Hitting him and sending him away and handing him the overwhelming invoice of his actions with a "deal with it", is a recipe for a feeling of worthlessness, depression and failure.
No matter how angry you are, no matter if the car and house are a mess, you've got bigger things.. a young man to put back on track.
Address the source.. why doesn't he have a profession, when did his life and actions start to go wrong, what can be done.
And angry as you may be, his debts are yours, because if he cannot pay, creditors will turn to you and your wife before opting for the final possibility of having social services advance the funds and pay for him.
So.. tis best to have a clear view on the amount of damage and costs.
What he did is terrible.
Hitting him with a tennis racket is too.
Also, you told him "no parties" so you doubted the potential situation before hand. Thus something should have been done before it got out of hand.
The following 2 users would like to thank Sky for this useful post: