View Single Post
Old 27.10.2017, 09:37

Groaned at 16 Times in 10 Posts
smileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond repute
How to rescue a drowned mobile phone?

Like a complete numpty, I forgot to check all clothes pockets before doing the clothes washing on Monday, and 30 minutes into the wash cycle, realised my mobile phone was being well and truly cleaned.

I managed to cut the cycle short, rescue the phone, and submerge it in a bowl of rice in the hope this would extract enough moisture to dry it out and get it working again. No luck to this point, even though I've had it plugged in to charge for the last 48 hours as well. It was washed in its full leather case so presumably it's not damaged by being beaten in the machine drum, only from water.

Any other tips please on how I might have a hope of rescuing it, before I trundle down to Swisscom to beg a new phone?

And of course, Murphy's Law, I had only saved half of my photo library to the I-cloud.....any chance that the Swisscom folks can extract them from the phone (not saved to the SIM) or do I prepare to kiss those goodbye as well?