View Single Post
Old 29.10.2017, 20:05
Forum Legend

Groaned at 205 Times in 162 Posts
Thanked 7,070 Times in 3,153 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
The UK is very generous as you should know, whilst the UK pays your Swiss health insurance, A Swiss pensioner living in the UK has to pay 400 CHF a month Swiss health insurance if they live in the UK. (no free NHS for Swiss pensioners in the UK). The idea is reciprocal health agreement, there is no reciprocation whatsoever.
It is nothing to do with the UK being generous or not, it is an EU/EEA/CH requirement. The state that pays the largest proportion of your pension is responsible for your your health insurance, unless you are also a citizen for the state you reside in. Thus UK pensioners are treated if they could access the NHS and Swiss pensioners as if they were in Switzerland.

If I were for instance to retire to another EU/EEA country I'd have pay Swiss health insurance as most of my pension will be paid from Switzerland, but if I retire to Ireland I don't have to as I'm an Irish citizen. Have been check this out as I'm getting to that point....