View Single Post
Old 30.10.2017, 10:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 240 Times in 203 Posts
Thanked 23,248 Times in 9,883 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
houses bought in deepest France and Italy being totally un-saleable at the moment and all savings tied into said property
I can't speak for Italy or France but I have an acquaintance who is an estate agent in Spain and she says Brits are still buying there and in the more desirable parts house prices are even climbing as if the crisis never happened.

The Spanish government has even made statements to the effcts that British expats will be able to stay, regardless of the outcome of the Brexit talks.

And they'd be stupid not to. The tourism and real estate markets on the costas would collapse if the Brits were to leave. Hundreds of thousands of Spaniards have also benefitted from the rise in the real estate market caused by Brits investing there. And many have jobs related to tourism, construction etc. Would Spain stab its own people in the back to make Brussels happy?

As for Catalonia, what will happen there is anybody's guess. But they'd be stupid if they slammed the door on expats and tourism.

But in Bulgaria, yeah, I've heard that Brits are packing their stuff and selling their houses.