View Single Post
Old 06.11.2017, 09:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 491 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Small claims court

Quote:
View Post
Thank you for your responses.
I really appreciate any help, I will look into these links and post updates here to help anyone else in a similar situation.
It really looks like their nationality has nothing to do with this situation. Because it appears that your tenancy agreement is covered under Spanish laws, and not Swiss Laws.

Therefore, it seems your problem and enforcement remains in "Spain".

As for the rest, it appears that in Spanish laws, you can sue them:
(crappy link, but has a few clues):
https://www.enalquiler.com/comunidad...mar_23706.html

It also mention that in similar cases, you should have had insurance, to protect you for that type of nightmare scenario...

I'm no expert, but I don't see how you can take them to Swiss court just because of their nationality. If any, it would be some sort of transfer of sanction from abroad to Switzerland, like for fines. Possibly unlikely, unless the spanish court or lawyer manage to somehow internationalize the damages claims...

Well, that was for the official legal processes, I'm sure there are other creative and not necessarily legal ways of recovering some money.
Unfortunately, due to your location it does not appears to be a cost effective way.