View Single Post
Old 06.11.2017, 21:26
Forum Legend

Groaned at 190 Times in 157 Posts
Thanked 13,114 Times in 6,845 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dust issue in new apartment

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,

I moved into an old apartment last week.

Something in the apartment is irritating my throat.

I started by hoovering and washing everything to see if it was dust. There was no significant improvement so the probable culprit is mold(?) I took some things apart yesterday to try to find signs but there is nothing, so I am now thinking this issue could be out of sight i.e it could be behind the walls.

I will buy an air filter as an interim solution and hope that this might improve things but I would like to get to the underlying cause. Does anyone know of companies in Zurich that would visit my apartment and assess this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Any carpets in the flat?

When I moved into mine, there was a carpet in the bedroom. It had been specially cleaned (which is the correct thing to do when the tenant changes) but I'm allergic to these fancy chemicals so I could not sleep in there for days but had to leave the windows open.

So before you start buying all kinds of fancy stuff, air the rooms for a few days and sleep on one without a carpet (if there is one )