View Single Post
Old 09.11.2017, 09:44
Forum Legend

Groaned at 336 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 14,570 Times in 7,486 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 25+ Designer, translator , photographer shocked lady in Bern

Quote:
View Post
But , listen, if I am a citizen of Poland - do I need a working permit or I can just START to work in the company? As a citizen of Poland.

Thank you very much, it's a pleasure to read you.
Yeah, I understand your dilemma. Basically, yes. If you had a Polish passport it would have been a formality to get your residence permit and everything once you found a job and signed the contract.

Poland and the rest of EU-8 (new EU) have been through the same process, just so you know, only they were a little more advanced because they adhered to EU agreements a few years earlier. EU-2 has a different agreement with the Helvetic Confederation. C'est la vie, as they say in Cotonou.. If it helps, Croatia is in the same situ.

I would say, try again next year, maybe the restrictions will be lifted. Make a good portfolio and send your CV to as many companies, big or small, as you can. Learn German, learn German, learn German. Not saying - don't be open with the French side, should possibilities arise, but I think this is where you want to be.
And learn German some more.

Sorry, almost forgot- you need to contact Stadt Bern, Einwohnerdienste

http://www.bern.ch/themen/umzug

(but as you know, you don't need any permit for up to 90 days as a tourist)

Last edited by greenmount; 09.11.2017 at 10:26.