View Single Post
Old 09.11.2017, 21:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,910 Times in 7,670 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Graphic Design / Language jobs - with RO/BG passport which is between EU and NOT

Quote:
View Post
What is strange about these people "speaking hindi or something, working in a kitchen in some restaurants"?

Sincerely,
A speaker of Hindi.
Now, now, let's not imply anything negative when the intention wasn't negative.

Most people in Europe choose to study English, French, German or Spanish (or something like this i.e. Italian, Portuguese). It is strange, indeed, if OP chose to study Hindi. Or any other language that is not "international".
Would have been the same if she mentioned Mandarin. For goodness sake, I rarely come across people who want to study Russian these days!

Calm down.

Quote:
And beware of what you put on your job applications, you say you speak 7 languages, yet your English is not of high level, makes me wonder about the rest of your languages and how you would describe your skills.
Is she's looking for designer jobs, she obviously doesn't really need English at the highest level. However, she really needs a local language - German, French or Italian. I won't mention Rumantsch because it is obvious nobody will think of learning this language, at least not while living in another country.