View Single Post
Old 13.11.2017, 15:21
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jochem has no particular reputation at present
Steel rims type approval?

Hi all,

It's that time of year again to mount the winter tires on our vehicles, and I was thinking about putting some winter tires on my second car this year (a 1994 MX-5).

The thing is, I want to use steel wheels from a 2014 Toyota Aygo/Peugeot 108/Citroen C1, because they fit perfectly, in terms of offset (<2% track width difference), axle fit of 54,1mm, 4x100 bolt pattern and 15x4,5 inch size. The make and model is Alcar 7510.

How should I go about obtaining the teilegutachten for these wheels? Should I ask the local StVA if they have them in the system? Should I contact Alcar if they have them approved? Or ask Toyota/Peugeot/Citroen importer about the teilegutachten?

So far I have contacted a distributor for these wheels in Switzerland, but they do not have any gutachten for their wheels... They told me the following:

"Erfahrungsgemäß können wir Ihnen bestätigen, dass Kompletträder eingetragen werden können, wenn eine ABE und ein Gutachten vorliegt und wenn alle im Gutachten genannten Auflagen erfüllt sind."

Any thoughts that might help me get these wheels approved for my car, that won't cost me 1000CHF or more?