View Single Post
Old 15.11.2017, 11:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 168 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 6,710 Times in 2,240 Posts
Corbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Nifty Canine Gadget Thread

Quote:
View Post
Corbets, how bright and 'flashy' are the lights? Can you set a limit to the iterations of a sequence? In the video the lights look fairly muted; what intensity do they have in real life?

And may I ask, did you get it here in Switzerland?
They are fairly muted... pastel tones, probably. That said, when you have it on, there‘s a definite LED glow in the room. I addressed that by adding a simple timer from Bau und Hobby between the device and the wall (if I recall correctly, there‘s a software scheduler as well, but at least my version of the device had a flaw that only went away if the device was turned off for a few hours, so I just started doing that each night). Keep in mind that I have the very first iteration of the device - but I don‘t know if it‘s gotten better in the meanwhile.

You can‘t limit the iterations of a sequence; it‘s purely algorithmic and based on the dog‘s learning. You get some reports, but not really control. Also, I‘m not sure it would work well for you, as it‘s not designed for multiple dogs (one dog being smarter - or dumber - than the others would mess up its learning algorithm).

I ordered it online to my Borderlinx.com address (adds about 100-150 CHF to the cost if I recall correctly). It‘s standard DC power, so you just have to replace the adapter with one from an Interdiscount or such (adds maybe 15 CHF to the cost).

Your dog will get frustrated at times, but there were also times (now past) where Rusty would spend 2 hours in a row trying to solve the puzzles, which was hella cute.