View Single Post
Old 17.11.2017, 23:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 523 Times in 442 Posts
Thanked 20,382 Times in 10,728 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Investors and customers of the Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower in Panama City carried deep ties to organized crime and drug trafficking, according to an NBC News and Reuters joint investigation.
“I had some customers with questionable backgrounds,” said Alexandre Ventura Nogueira, who partnered with the Trumps to attract condo buyers for the tower.

Ventura ended up selling the units, and eventually ended up appearing alongside Trump in a video promoting the project. He was also photographed with President Trump himself. Now, Ventura is a fugitive from justice in Panama, where he told Reuters an arrest warrant is still waiting for him. He is under a federal investigation for international money laundering.

The Reuters and NBC News investigation said it found no indication that the Trump family or the Trump Organization engaged in any illegal activity or know of the backgrounds of people who did have links to organized crime.

Because Panama is “perceived to be highly corrupt,” said Arthur Middlemiss, a former assistant district attorney in Manhattan and a former head of JPMorgan’s global anti-corruption program, those who do business there should perform due diligence on others involved in their ventures.

If they fail to do so, he told Reuters, they risk being liable under U.S. law of being found having turned a blind eye to wrongdoing.

Source