View Single Post
Old 20.11.2017, 14:14
Banned

Groaned at 551 Times in 432 Posts
Thanked 23,699 Times in 9,577 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Home Automation in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Lifx are brighter and looks much more useful to me. I did not check the consumption tough, but to be honest I do not think that consumption would change my mind. I have seen couple video comparisons and Lifx look way better, brighter to me

Having no Hub connection is not a pro to me because I do not see a problem installing hubs or not.

So just because they are brighter, looked better to me :/
Looks like you are right according to data.

I've only got two Hue lamps - the white ambience.

We got two normal LED lamp bulbs for bedside occasional/reading lights the other day and the light was horrible in a blue-white morgue kind of look.
So I splashed out on a white ambience kit which comes with the remote control and the light is so much nicer.
The remote control is great - my wife certainly wouldn't want to faff around with a smart phone app every time she wanted to dim a lamp.

It's good to know about the Lifx lamps as I would never have considered Philips lamps as they currently are for general purpose lamps as they are just not bright enough.

I suppose one could have both sorts.
This user would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post: