View Single Post
Old 10.01.2007, 17:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Richard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laywers & property advice

Quote:
Hi,
can anyone recommend an English speaking lawyer in lake geneva region .

I`ve also been given some conflicting advice about how much one can buy as a foreigner who is a swiss resident - permit B. We are looking at buying a building with several apartments. I read that as a Permit b holder I could buy basically the same as a Swiss person. However have just spoken to the estate agent who is selling the property, she is not sure and thinks I may have to have a permit C.? If we set up a Swiss business to buy it would this work?

any advice please? _ I will obviously take professional advice when I find a lawyer!
Joan
As an EU citizen and a permanent resident in Switzerland there are no restrictions on property purchases within Switzerland. For tax reasons however you might find it beneficial to purchase the property as a business if you are intending to rent out several apartments. Having the business will only cost you the set-up fee as there will clearly be no capital requirement and additionally you can then offset all manner of things against the income it generates which of course reduces the tax liability. Sorry I cannot recommend any lawyers in the French speaking part of Switzerland...