View Single Post
Old 05.12.2017, 12:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 290 Times in 239 Posts
Thanked 15,791 Times in 8,792 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Nice of you to assume you know anything about my investment strategy or wealth. The world does not revolve around you or your opinions and whilst I'm happy you've done reasonably well with your money, following a random's advice on an internet forum is generally not great financially.

It's nice to be able to risk everything though, knowing there's a nice safety net to catch you if you get it wrong. That's why we need taxes.

Anyone who invested in crypto 5 years ago would be chuckling at you boasting of quadrupling your money, incidentally.
From your tone, your clearly not a speculator & I can deduce an awful lot from that.

The safety net is of course a day job & if you work in CH the legal requirement for a pension.

5-10 years from now, I may well get the final laugh over those crypto investors. The only reason people are buying crypto is to sell for a higher price to someone else, the market is euphoric & people who have never before invested as they are risk averse are piling in before it's too late. It's intrinsic value is zero as it does not provide an income or grow organically, quite similar to gold, at least gold does have a use.
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: