View Single Post
Old 06.12.2017, 16:04

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
ijwalker has no particular reputation at present
Re: Buying a puppy in Switzerland or UK?

Hi Meloncollie!

Thank you so much for your response it was incredibly helpful. I am very much open to adoption as well as purchasing. I have had a look through your site -https://www.tierdatenbank.ch/fr/animaux.html and have certainly seen a few furry faces I like. I would love a puppy as I have had a puppy in the past and I fully understand and enjoy the training process that is involved (as stressful as it is sometimes)!

Ideally I would like to get the dog in Switzerland as it is less of a journey for the dog to get home. By the way Verbier is Valais not VD, is the SKN mandatory in VS?

If I choose to adopt what would the process be? Will I have had to be a citizen for a minimum amount of time? How far in advance should I look? Ideally I would like to pick the dog up in April!

In terms of puppy classes and training there is a 'pet community' page on Facebook for our town which is very useful and I have already met with some dog owners who can point me in the right direction!

Sorry for all the questions. It is very important to me that I have all the facts.

BW!
This user would like to thank ijwalker for this useful post: