View Single Post
Old 11.12.2017, 14:06
Forum Legend

Groaned at 554 Times in 433 Posts
Thanked 23,891 Times in 9,647 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why does Amazon shun Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
I had seen that but similar reports have been popping up for a few years now and nothing has ever materialized.

Ok, it would explain why they didn‘t launch the Echo now - if we get full-blown country support soon they‘re likely waiting for that. But I‘m not overly optimistic there.
Switzerland is a bloody joke as far as shipping etc is concerned. Amazon primarily wants to make money. The give local support to the Echo so people will use that locality to order goods from Amazon Prime.

If Prime cannot work due to the expensive Swiss postal system then Amazon won't make the effort to provide local services.

I was in correspondence with a furniture supplier in Germany last night and they ship free in Germany and anywhere else in Europe for 100 Euros.
But Switzerland is 250 Euros and, according to their boss (who replied to my email personally on a Sunday night!), they lose all their profit on any Swiss orders.

(The piece of furniture is the same price as similar pieces on sale in Switzerland but not so... well the style is different).

I can ship a parcel from the U.K abroad for 40 Euros. I can ship a parcel with the same courier company from Switzerland and it's 250 CHF for the same parcel.

Still, according to other threads , Amazon Prime is coming.
This user would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post: