View Single Post
Old 13.12.2017, 09:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 87 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 8,354 Times in 3,864 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
The vast majority of whom are booze ridden expats living in Spain and France who've turned their back on the country for a better life for themselves. If you make that choice then you have to accept the risks.

This is about business and how business operates, not people who've retired to the Costas. The proposed deal is unequal, therefore, wrong. It bites the IT, banking and travel sectors hard, therefore the consequences are high for UK business futures.

I don't know a single booze ridden expat in Spain or France, but I do know a hell of a lot of UK people who've lived in 2 or more EU countries over the past decade, purely because of their employers' business demands. One of my cousins worked for a telecoms company in the training division. In the last 15yrs, she's lived and worked in South Africa, Argentina, Germany, the Netherlands & Italy. Another friend plans and fits the IT systems on ships and cruise liners. In the last decade, he's lived in Finland, Germany and Italy. The current 'deal' actively prevents British workers from doing that.
This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: